How to Productize Technology-Based Solutions
Steve Hurley, Managing Director of Solutions Insights, Inc.
Solutions are becoming a very important type of offer for technology companies. Services Marketers and Services Managers have understood this for at least the past 3-5 years. Product Managers are late to the game. They're now being asked to manage "whole products”, or solutions, and don't know how to make the transition from simple product management.
Steve Hurley, Managing Director of Solutions Insights, Inc., will provide the membership with an overview of how he sees technology product and services firms adapting their product strategies toward one that will help them:
1. Better defining its offerings
2. Package their offerings
3. Allow them to view and optimize cost of delivery
4. Transform their delivery organization and operations
5. Enable their sales forces to sell more effectively
6. Drive up profitability
During this discussion, you'll hear about the:
· Services/solutions trends occurring within technology firms
· Impact, benefits and challenges services firm have had when going to a "productization model”
· Recommendations for product and solutions managers embarking upon this strategy to define, build and launch productized solutions.
To make the session more impactful – Steve will present this insight along with several case studies he's developed over years of working as a management consultant, solutions marketer and leader.
Key learnings include:
· How to create an internal organization structure that identifies which assets can be "solutionized” within the product and service groups
· How to identify and classify solutions components, and how to monetize solutions assets that aren't useful across the Business Units
- How to create effective and efficient databases/repositories for the solutions and their components
Timeline for the Evening
6:15 pm: Registration opens
6:30 - 7:15 pm: Informal & structured networking (light refreshments are served)
7:20 - 7:30 pm: Announcements
7:30 - 8:30 pm: Speaker presentation
8:30 - 8:40 pm: Q&A
8:40 - 9:00 pm: Wrap up, networking follow up and depart
Premium Members: Free if you pre-register online at least one day prior to event or $10 at the door
Guests and Free Members: $25 if you pre-register and pay online at least one day prior to event or $35 at the door
Speaker Bio - Steve Hurley, Managing Director of Solutions Insights, Inc.
A veteran consultant and business strategist, Steve specializes in helping medium-sized and large organizations integrate dispersed assets and capabilities to meet unique customer needs. As a leading expert on solutions, Steve has worked over the past decade developing and implementing innovative methodologies and tools that have enabled companies to better understand customer problems and market opportunities, align internally to build true solutions, and re-skill sales forces to articulate the business value of their solutions for customers and prospects.
Prior to establishing Solutions Insights, Steve was Vice President at ITSMA, the premier association for technology-based companies focused on marketing and selling services and solutions. Steve was a major contributor to ITSMA's solutions publications and tools, including its Solutions Roadmap, competency assessment guide, and sales training curriculum. He also launched and led ITSMA's Solutions Council, bringing together business and marketing executives from two dozen top technology firms to share best practices and explore new thinking in solutions.
As head of consulting and training at ITSMA, Steve led engagements with a wide range of Global Fortune 500 companies on key marketing and sales issues, including customer relationships and loyalty, marketing metrics, portfolio management, market segmentation, sales enablement, and overall marketing and organizational strategy.
Prior to joining ITSMA, Steve spent more than 15 years with Arthur D. Little, Inc.(ADL), formerly one of the world's leading management consulting companies.
EVENT PRESENTATION: Click Here to Upload